Please call Coach Adams at 281-455-0609 for info on becoming a driver ed teacher. Also looking to open a school or an online school in your area just call Coach Adams.
TA, TA-FULL, DET WORKSHOPS for Texas Driver’s Education providers
- At CDS we provide a thorough, comprehensive TEA Approved program of study to your prospective classroom & driving instructors at our facility in Waco Texas.
- It is our intent that every prospect will exit the program with the knowledge required to teach safe driving in all situations & conditions.
- Our mission is to create knowledgeable, courteous instructors who will improve the driving skills of your students. We believe that driving is both a privilege and a responsibility. CDS takes pride in its strict adherence to the state law & TEA regulations.
INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT COURSES Teacher Assistant (TA) – call for cost
- Phase 1 – 45 hours of instructor training consisting of traffic laws, knowledge of DPS road signs, regulations & the transportation system. Instructor trainees will participate in classroom instruction, independent study & 16 hours of classroom observation.
- Phase 2 – 45 hours of instructor training. The trainees will participate in classroom instruction, independent study & 24 hours of in-car instruction. (90 total hours)
Trainees will participate in Phase 1, 2 & 3 – 32 of the 45 required hours participating in student teaching. Effective teaching strategies will be taught as well as curriculum development. All 16 – 2 hour sessions must be taught. During the 45 hours, the trainee will learn about the required paper work for classroom & student records. (135 total hours)